Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Neglected Blog

I see that I haven't written anything for this blog since last year! ... I'm very sorry for that. We are in a period of change in Australia, a time when we hope the safety of children will be made paramount before the law. A time when the concern of mothers will not be as easy to dismiss as it has been since the Howard Government's changes to the Family Law Act, in 2005. One of the unfortunate aspects of this is that the road from that time until this, is littered with the bodies of children, along with some mothers and their families. Children have been dying, because of aspects of the Australian Family Law system. Children have been drowned by fathers, stabbed by fathers, smothered by fathers, thrown from bridges by fathers, gassed by fathers. All the while father's rights activists evade father's responsibility for this saying that "the system made them do it" and pretending that 'the system' is still mother- weighted. It is not, yet the claims continue to be made. This is an aspect of the dysfunction we see in abusers, it is interesting to see it repeated by their support groups.

I will continue to write about this issue, and post information as it arises, although caring for an active little boy, a family, and study will continue to pull me away at times. Still, I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment